Thursday, April 30, 2009

Barbie Doll

This is the last of my siblings born to both my mother and my father.The picture to the right shows of all of us. The last sister I write about is ninety years old now and just as feisty as she always has been. She is also the only one who openly defied our father. Her name is Barbra. She loves being called Barbie! When she gets upset her eyes get very large she inhales a deep breath and look out, you are going to get verbally accosted. Sometimes her fists are clenched and her tongue slips to the corner of her mouth just enough so you know she has one. Look out! She's mad! However, just like most Leos, she is easily calmed down and a little TLC brings a silly smile to her face as though she too wonders why she exploded. A heart of gold beats inside her. She is there for you no matter what. She will put her own plans aside if it means helping you out. She loves socializing and dancing. She still gets out often to play cards with her friends. Barbie was probably the best mother of all. She took very good care of her children and especially one child who was born with a problem. She spent hours doing physical therapy for him so he would be able to walk. Barbra had five children in all. Her faults were that she was a terrible house keeper. Lost one husband because of it. Don't ask how many husbands there were. She might not want me to enter that information. Another bad habit she had, and I do not think she knew it, was that she had no qualms about inviting herself anywhere. If she heard you talking about going somewhere, she would just up and say, "Oh, I'll go too!" Never, "Is there room for one more, or is it all right if I come?" Just, I will go also!" At times we had to hurt her feelings when there wasn't room or we just wanted certain people along, and she never understood that. Barbra's other fault was that she had poor judgement in men, and she could never be without one. Earlier I said she defied my father, and she did. At seventeen my dad had forbid her to see this fellow she was going out with. She did not take well to that ultimatum and she ran away with him to get married. My dad found her before she could do that and brought her back home. That was the end of that. When we were growing up Barbra and I never got along very well. We did a lot of quarreling and driving our mom to distraction. I guess if there is a higher power who watches over us, he picked the right two to be together at the end. We get along so well and we share a lot of laughs and sometime go to lunch. We talk daily on the phone and call back and forth in the evening, giving opinions on these silly reality shows on T.V. That is our nightly entertainment. I am sure I would not have had this repertoire with the others. Barbie and I suit each other just fine, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment