Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Setting The Record Straight

I fear I have given the wrong idea to some of my blog followers. I therefore want to set the record straight before continuing. When I started writing this blog it was to release some pent up feelings I had about some of the ways I was parented. I certainly did not mean to imply my parents did not love me. Some of the things said and done left its mark on me, as I am sure it has done for a lot of you out there also! My mom and dad were very proud of my talent in theatrics and poetry and a short stint on the radio. They told me often about that. My parents just did not realize how hurtful some things were to a child. Maybe I should not have written this blog if I have given some the wrong idea. I probably should not have been bearing my soul so much! I don't want people to be sorry for me. I just want them to know how some things can affect a child. Parenting does not come with an instruction booklet and most parents make mistakes along the way. Sensitive kids like me can be affected without parents even knowing it. I sure do not mean to come off looking like an abused kid and some kind of hero for telling how I feel. Wow! That was not my intention at all. Mom and dad did a lot of nice things for me as well. I can remember as a teenager being mouthy to my mom when she did a big favor for me that I had asked her to do, and then I mouthed off to her because it did not turn out exactly like I wanted. I know that must have hurt her when she had put her heart into it! When I was going to college, dad let me drive his car until he got me my own Model A Ford. It was mine, all mine! There are a lot of good stories to tell, but that was not the purpose of this blog. It was just to air what had been brought into my adulthood from childhood and how it has affected my life. It was certainly not to make my parents look bad or my siblings. I by no means was a perfect child. If you think I am going to tell you how naughty this little girl was, well I am not. That is a story some one else should tell from looking at me through their eyes. You will not ever hear or read it though as I have myself and one sister left. She will not tell because she is ninety years old and unable to write like this. AHA! So you see! What I write is all you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment