Thursday, April 9, 2009

Musical Chairs!

Before I go any farther, I would like to clear up a couple of things. This I should have clarified from the beginning, but when I get something in my head to say I just cannot stop the fingers on the keyboard. Then the thing that should have been said has gone. However, lucky for me, I have a return mode that comes on and nudges me to go back. Wait a little bit and I will return to the story. First, perhaps you noticed in my profile, that often I said I was the youngest of ten, and yet you only saw five kids in the car heading for California. I also refer sometimes to my older sister. Well, here is the scoop. My mom was married two times and I had three wonderful half sisters. There were four, but a little girl named Goldie died at the age of four from pneumonia. With my dad she had six. A boy named Kenneth was born a “blue baby” and died at six weeks. Only one of my half sisters lived with us for a while and the other two were elsewhere. A loving family adopted one sister, and the other was with her grandmother. Those are separate stories though and do not belong in this one. When you hear me refer to an older sister, it only means in the family I grew up with, and that had the same father as me. I have great memories of my half sisters and may later on write about those wonderful memories with three great ladies. The other thing I need to clarify is this story I am writing about now. It sounds as though I did not like my brother. That is so very far away from the truth. I adored him and in actuality, he and I were very close in my adulthood. He came to me for a lot for advice and I to him. In fact he gave me (at one time) the best advice I have ever had in my life at a time when I was confused and uncertain. I remember that to this day. I did not however, like his selfishness, and greed, which came out on my mom’s passing. I have seen this same situation so many times in families that it almost makes me determined to stay around as long as I can so my boys won’t fight over my “stuff.” I have even gone so far as to ask them to put their names on things now so there won’t be any problems, but they laugh at me, or joke about where their names are going. Come on guys! It could solve a lot now rather than later. The only thing I must decide on soon is who gets the chair. My youngest, at one time said he would like it, and my oldest son seemed uninterested at that time. Now time has passed and my oldest has been put in the position of, not taking care of me (I am not that old or incapable yet) but he is doing for me. Trust me, there is a lot of doing that needs to be done.! So I therefore think he should have the chair if he has now changed his mind. Oh my, now I do have a dilemma on my hands that I must quickly fix. First I better get back to my story so you can find out how I happen to get the chair.

1 comment:

  1. It is getting more interesting all the time. However, I can get confused with so many people in one paragraph. It would help (me) if you would put names after you mention someone --- like "Only one of my half sisters lived with us for awhile (???????) and the other two (??????, ??????) were elsewhere. Ok, I look forward to the continued story......
    keep it going :)

    ReplyDelete