Monday, May 25, 2009

Here's What I Like

Do you know what I like? No? let me tell you.I like the sound of a soft rain falling on a tin roof. I like to hear from my open bedroom window, the chirping of the birds. I like to watch the humming birds as they zoom here and there before settling on an open flower. I like the way they fly right up close to inspect me, linger for a moment and then back track to their destination. I like to see a flower show its first bud, then watch daily as it begins to open up a tiny bit at a time. I like to see it when it is in full bloom and smell its lovely aroma. I like to watch the sun setting in the West and watch the sky turning to crimson from the sun's glow. I like to listen to a baby's laughter, and hear the roar of an ocean wave heading for shore, and listen to it calmly retracting back to whence it came, then burst forth again to repeat the same pattern. I like how a dog is so happy to see its master or mistress and almost twists in half with joy at seeing them. I love to watch the joy between the two of them. I love it even more when it is me. I like the smell of bacon frying in a pan, and the wonderful smell of fresh baked bread, or homemade cookies. I like anything that makes me laugh. I absolutely love to laugh. I like seeing a dolphin rise from below the water and burst like a rocket into the air, turn its huge body and head back down into the deep. That is a gorgeous sight to see. I like to see a pregnant woman and her husband holding hands and smiling. I love my family and my friends, and the fact they all stay in touch with me. There is so much to like I can't name them all. What I would like most is a peaceful loving world where everyone could get along without wanting what the other guy has, and be thankful for what they have themselves. I would like people not being predjudiced against anyone who is different than themselves. I would like people coming into a foreign country to be respectful of their new country's ways and adopt the new countries laws and rules. I would like them to carry their new adopted country's flag instead of flaunty their own where they chose to leave. Now that they have decided this is where they now want to live I would like it if they acted like they meant it. I really would like it if you enjoy reading this and get some pleasure out of the same things I do. I would like it if you make a list of what you yourself like. It is fun and interesting to find out about yourself. Go ahead! I would like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment