Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Change Of Pace

My Teddy Bear

Maybe my second childhood is here
Or maybe it just feels good,
But I like hugging my teddy bear
And I think that everyone should.

A child hugs its new stuffed toy
For comfort, joy, and sleep.
And when it’s old and raggedy
It’s the one thing that they keep.

It’s a friend, a pal, a plaything,
It’s loyal and always there.
It listens when you need to talk
Or you’re crying in despair.

You take that great big teddy bear
You hold it in your arms.
It feels as though it hugs you back
That teddy has such charms.

I know you think that I’ve gone daft
But really that’s not so
The only time I hug my teddy
Is when I’m feeling low.

It’s a very soft and cuddly bear
I can bury my face and cry.
There’s no one else to comfort me
So I love my teddy, that’s why!



No comments:

Post a Comment