Saturday, March 21, 2009

The "Boogy Man" Cometh

We were invited to stay at my father's sister's home until my dad could get back on his feet. He had had a nervous breakdown in Oregon and his doctor advised him to move to a warmer clime. So here we are at Aunt Lucille and Uncle Roy's home. My cousin Frances, ( who was really my niece because Aunt Lucille adopted my half sister's child SHHH! Nobody is supposed to know) and I used to make the trek every night from the back door to the front porch to retrieve the milk delivery. This one night she said we should go into the small alley- like opening between their garage and the neighbor's garage. I went in first and she followed. Half way in she gave me a shove and screamed, "Look out there is a Boogy Man.!" She fled to the back door with the milk and left me there screaming my head off. Everyone came out to see what was the matter and I was panic stricken. To this day I am afraid of the dark. Was I mad at her? You bet, but I did not hold a grudge. You know how children are, they get over their "mads" pretty easily. We remained friends up until the day she left for good. We stayed in Concord until the school year ended and then moved to the town of Petaluma. New adventures await us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment